Mariemont Paint Out
Saturday, October 22, 2022
Artist Reception & Art Sale
Saturday, October 22 @ 6 – 8 PM
Sunday, October 23 @ 11 AM – 2 PM
Calling all artists! Come and paint the lovely settings and quaint village architecture nestled in this quiet corner east of Cincinnati. Parks, walking trails and overlooks are abundant within the borders of the Village, but you can also create your art in any location you choose within the I-275 loop around Cincinnati. Your imagination will be supercharged by what you see. After the plein air painting, we will host a welcoming reception and public exhibition to show and sell your work!
AWARDS — All artists’ works will be entered automatically.
Cash awards sponsored by the William G. & Mary Jane Helms Charitable Trust
Judge’s Choice Award sponsored by Plaza Artist Materials.
Best of Show Award : $1000
Second Place Award : $500
Third Place Award : $250
Judge’s Choice Award : $150 Plaza Artist Materials Gift Card
Three Honorable Mention Awards : $100 each
Early-Bird Registration Drawing
Early Bird Registration : Before September 23 — $30
Online Registration : September 24 – October 20 — $40
Walk-In Registration : October 21 & 22 — $45
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES
- Your entry fee allows you to submit up to 2 pieces. Early Bird entry fee is $30 through September 23rd. After Friday September 23rd the fee is $40. Preregistration ends at noon on Thursday October 20th. Fee for Walk-ins on Friday or Saturday check-in is $45.
- All work submitted for the evening exhibit must be created en plein air on October 22, 2022. Your paper, canvas, or board will be stamped at check-in on Friday, October 21 from 4pm – 7pm; or on Saturday, October 22 from 7am – 9:30am, at The Barn.
- Artwork media is limited to paintings and drawings. All items must be carried to the upstairs loft gallery by 4pm on Saturday October 22, wired and ready to be hung. With the accompanying exhibit label filled out.
- You must arrive with frames ready for your artwork. No wet exterior edges.
- We will provide tables in the Tack Room for artists to prepare works for hanging.
- Your artwork must be wired for hanging.
- The exhibit/reception will be open to the public on Saturday, October 22nd from 6 –8pm, and on Sunday, October 23rd from 11am to 2pm.
- Any artwork not sold must be picked on Sunday, October 23rd between 2-4pm.
- The Barn will hang and exhibit a maximum of two “plein air” works per artist created during the paint out, and all artwork submitted must be for sale. 30% commission is due to The Barn upon sale.
- Artists who have PREREGISTERED by September 23rd (Early Birds) will be eligible for a drawing giveaway TBD.
- By participating in the Mariemont Paint Out it is understood that you grant permission to The Barn, Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center, to use photographs and/or video of you and/or your artwork taken on October 22, 2022, during the Mariemont Paint Out events, for publications, news releases, online, and in other communications related to the mission of The Barn, Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center. If you do not want to grant this photo usage permission, you must make it known to the Barn Director.