Best of Show Award — $1000
— Sponsored by Starforce National Corporation
AKM CARE Award — $500
— Anonymous Donation
Grand Dame Award — $400
— Anonymous Donation
People’s Choice Awards — $300
— Sponsored by the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati
Many Thanks to Starforce National Corporation — presenting sponsor and sponsor of the Starforce National Corporation Best of Show Award; Judy & Frank Mayfield, Jr., and the anonymous donors sponsoring the AKM Award and the Grand Dame Award. Thanks also to The Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati — sponsor of the People’s Choice Award.
And thank you, artists, for your participation in this Call for Entry / Exhibition.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase works that are usually excluded from other exhibitions at the Barn due to size. In addition to including the works of women artists who usually express themselves in big ways, we encourage those who do not, TO GO BIG. Two-dimensional works with a unified unframed measurement of at least 65 inches (width + height) and three-dimensional works with a unified measurement of at least 110 inches (width + height + depth) will be considered for the exhibition. Excluded Media: Computer-generated art.
This exhibition has been organized by Big Art Collaborative (BAC) to support The Barn | Woman’s Art Club Cultural Center. The members are Bobbi Thies (chairwoman), Bev Seibert (secretary/treasurer), Judith Affatato, Bonita Goldberg, Claire Long, and Marie Smith.
Selection: Veronique Hammons will curate this exhibition to represent as many artists as possible; however, due to the size limitations of the exhibition spaces, some submissions may have to be declined for that reason alone.
Chris Payne will judge the exhibition for prize awards.
Eligibility: Women only. Must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Ohio, Indiana, or Kentucky. Please Note — accepted artwork must be hand delivered.
Submission conditions, requirements & restrictions
• Women Artists may submit up to two works for consideration, of which only one may be selected for exhibition. Furthermore, not all submissions will be exhibited — due to the size limitations of the exhibition spaces some works may be declined for that reason alone.
• Work does not have to be for sale. However, a donation to The Barn (WACCF) is assessed on all sales equal to 20% of sales.
• Work must be totally original and executed by entrant.
• Size: 2-D unframed work must be at least 65 unified inches (length + height) 3-D work must be at least 110 unified inches (length + height + depth).
• Selection is based upon submission of photographic images (jpegs) of work via email to email@example.com Submissions will not be considered if entry forms, including the section about how the artist’s work or process gives Wings and Wheels to Imagination and submission fees are not received by September 20th.
• Excluded Media: Photography and computer-generated art.
• Liability: Reasonable precautions will be taken to safe-guard the entrant’s work during hanging and the exhibit; however, neither Big Art Collaborative, the Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati Foundation, nor The Barn will be responsible for the loss of or damage to any of the art work submitted.
— $25 for each of up to two submissions
— Submissions must be received by September 15th
— Fees by September 20th
Make checks payable to
The Barn | WACCF
6980 Cambridge Avenue, Mariemont OH 45227
CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD PROSPECTUS
— Includes Entry Form, Label for Art, and Info for Gallery Tag
Entry Process Open
— Sept 10 — Midnight Sept 15
Deadline for Entry Fee Payment
— September 20
— September 22 (email or phone)
Art Delivery (must be hand delivered)
Wednesday, September 28 @ 10AM-12PM
— Thursday, September 29 @ 3PM-5PM
Exhibition Opening Reception
— Friday, September 30 @ 5 – 8 PM
— Sunday, October 9 @ 3-5 PM